I am thankful for our house. It has been wonderful for us... great location, good outside space, cozy. Yes... very cozy. Basically two bedrooms, and Elise has one. When Toby and I crawl into bed we are accompanied by our two babies, not necessarily IN our bed but in the bassinet by our bed (Sylvie) and in a crib in the "nursery" on the other side of a curtain (Claire).
Sylvie wakes just a couple of times a night, but she requires quite a bit of attention before she drifts off into a sound sleep once again. Claire is crazy and fills her diaper at 5am each day. This morning Claire's start-of-the-day-ritual sent Toby to the "guest bed" (a futon in our laundry room) and me and Sylvie to the couch (where, by the way, we could still hear Claire crying despite her freshly changed diaper).
So, because we are in the thick of it... I could spend way too much time and energy focusing on these challenging parenting moments. But I think I've said enough. And I should really be in bed already anyway. So, let me take a moment to switch gears. I need to set aside my preoccupation with how challenging my parenting life is these days and instead share some photo highlights from the past week. I have nothing to complain about... only an amazing family to be thankful for.



8 comments:
Your attitude and perspective are amazing! You and Toby are amazing parents!!
Godspeed. Reading this reminds me of how foolish I must sound when I, working officially about 32-hours a week, and handling only one perfect babe, complain about being "tired."
Little do I know, right...
Whoops. My screenname got messed up there -- Casey.
I hear you Andrea!!! Loud and clear!!! Sweet photos
Praying for you...wish we could help!! We are with you in spirit as we are lacking sleep ourselves. He is faithful!
Blessings,
Terri (for Daniel)
I need to remember you and your sweet family when I start feeling too tired and overwhelmed! I'm sure doing residency and three babies is real close to some of the folks here doing seminary and three babies. Oh my. I must keep things in perspective.
You guys are awesome, and wonderful parents. This is simply the exhausting season for you! You know it gets better...hang in there and treasure these moments - they'll pass all too quickly!
Love you guys!
~Sally
Love the pictures! Sorry to hear about your family's sleep deprivation, may that improve! Being tired isn't fun!
Your little girls are so beautiful! Wish we lived closer!
We are so blessed, Andrea! Sleep deprivation and all!! :) It DOES get better. Hang in there!
P.S. Hope to be able to talk to you soon! Last week was a busy week.
Post a Comment