It's October 5th and baby girl is three days over due. Considering Claire was 14 days late, I suppose it's still early. However... my OB is comfortable with the new VBAC guidelines, which give us the go-ahead to break my water this week and even use Pitocin if needed. Toby's mom has been here for twelve days with only seven days left, and Toby has some long overnight shifts at the hospital next week, which would make for bad timing. Sooo.... although I want SO MUCH to let my body start the process when it's ready, we have scheduled to have my water broken this Thursday morning (10/7/10) at 8am. This has been a tough decision for me, but after considering all the options and possible outcomes, I have decided this is best.
And so this is strange for me this time around... I know her sex, her name, and her birth date... and yet she's still all cozy inside me. UNLESS.... she surprises me tonight and labor begins before Thursday!??!!!?!? (Sigh...) I won't get my hopes up...
Well, regardless, it won't be long now and this next little Long will join us. All prayers are appreciated.


I know. This is a weird photo. My belly looks extremely odd. We haven't taken enough belly shots this time. Oh, and did I mention that our camera went missing six days ago and that we're becoming more and more convinced that Claire threw it away!? That's a story for another time...

Now it's bedtime. I need to get some rest before I become a mother of THREE! ....gulp!...
5 comments:
Sorry to hear it. I was hoping that, when I hadn't noticed a FB post and you hadn't updated your blog that you were busy at the hospital. All they had to do was threaten induction with Addie and I went into labor so maybe today or tonight. I'll be thinking of you and anxiously awaiting the newest Long. Lots of love from the Danks
I hope all is well! We still have three months to go... you and the kids look great!
oh mama~ it will all go smooth and beautiful, no matter if you give her a nudge or things begin on their own. Just was leaving for a week when Lizzie's due date came along...so we went in and had my water broken-- and four hours later she was in my arms. Wishing you the same easy labor and can't wait to see pictures of your sweet baby girl. Three really is a magic number! Lots of prayers+love+light coming your way today-- we'll light our mealtime candle this morning with a prayer for you...and we'll keep it burning:)
Good Luck Andrea and Long family! We are praying for a healthy delivery!! Can't wait to see pictures!!
Good luck, my dear! Let me know if there is anything we can do to help out when help leaves. Meals, babysitting, anything. We'll be praying for you and your new little darling!
Post a Comment