Monday, September 15, 2008

Yes we can!

Thousands turned out today in Grand Junction to hear Senator Obama outline his plan for America's future. I passed off my two tickets to Toby and Carson, and I got in as a volunteer instead. But it turned out that tickets were not required afterall. Because Senator Obama's visit caused such an overwhelming response, the campaign decided to open the event to the public. But those with tickets were ushered into the front section, while non-ticket holders filled up the back.
Thankfully, I was given a GREAT assignment as a volunteer. I was one of 20 or so ushers in the ticketed section. I was thrilled last night to receive this job. So, after arriving this morning at 7am and getting through security, my job was to help people fill in around the stage.

Once everything got started, this was my view... :)

The crowd was very enthusiastic!
Yes we can!

Telling us about the hope he has for America

Main talking points were, of course, the economy, education, independence on foreign oil, renewable energy resources, ending the war in Iraq, health care, and changing the culture of Washington.



Independents for Obama!

2 comments:

Lorri said...

You've got the fever!!! YES WE CAN, my friend, YES WE CAN!!! It's a honor to live in the same city as you. I am blessed to call you 'friend'. Thank you for sharing this historical time with me and my family.

Amy McNelly said...

Wow! I'm so jealous!! How very cool that you got to be there and participate in this very important election. I've loved reading your blog -- keep proclaiming the truth!
--Amy McNelly