Saturday, September 24, 2011

Creeping up on a year

It's a quiet Saturday morning around here. Elise and Claire are at Nana and Papa's house, following a fun Friday night sleepover, and Toby just left with my dad. The girls are probably having a relaxed Saturday morning in their pj's (strange that I don't even know what they're up to or how their night went!), while the guys are gearing up for a quick 5K race at the Shiawassee National Wildlife Refuge. And I'm sitting here in a quiet house with a hot cup of coffee while my sweet Sylvie explores the toys I just lined up around her.

Life in Saginaw is proving to be different from life in Junction. Last year at this time, Toby was probably starting a 30-hr hospital shift while I was 8 months pregnant and wondering how to manage Elise, Claire, and my mammoth belly for the time without Toby around. My, things have changed.

And so are my little girls. Like little miss Sylvie here who now pulls herself up and stands at her toys, completely delighted with herself.


getting a little daring



Hard to believe we'll be celebrating her first birthday in less than two weeks. She's growing up so fast.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

saahhhweet furniture in the background, lady!! gettin' fancy there in Michigan... -- Lorri

Cyndi Coates said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cyndi Coates said...

She is the sweetest, happiest, soon to be, one year old, and we love her sooooooooo much and look forward to celebrating her special day with her! I must say the Andrea box makes me a little teary eyed. I remember painting that for you.....soooo long ago. Love mom/nana