Last night we did our weekly family outing to the downtown farmer's market. We sampled a little of everything... from chocolate croissants to Pablo's pizza. Then we scored on a $10 flat of perfect peaches. I thought I would freeze half of them, but we've already eaten so many that I'm not sure we'll really have any to freeze!
(Note to Sally Henry: Sorry! These next few photos may be a little painful for you! I know you're missing your Palisade peaches!)





We couldn't wait to get home to have them. I think we ate 5 or 6 before we left Main Street.
Claire has a serious love for peaches.
juicy goodness
Claire was desperately signing "more" every time we finished a peach.
After the girls were in bed Toby and I had an impromptu, at-home "date night" on the back patio. Our meal was made up of everything we bought while downtown plus the veggies we picked up from our weekly CSA share. I do not enjoy the intense heat of summer, but it is certainly my favorite season when it comes to food. Spoiled, totally spoiled.



1 comment:
Yep, it's definitely hard to see those beautiful peaches! Ha! Nothing even close here! So you are definitely moving when Toby's done? Do you know where yet? I'm guessing somewhere north near grammas??!! Enjoy those GJ summers & markets while you can!
Post a Comment