Wednesday, October 29, 2008

my thoughts...

I just finished watching Senator Obama's television program "American Stories, American Solutions." Of course, I have to put it on my blog.

And I want to encourge you to watch it, if you haven't already. I know it was aired tonight on several major stations.

Maybe you're planning to vote for Senator McCain, maybe you're on the fence. Maybe you like what you've heard about Senator Obama's policies but the McCain side has you worried that Obama is too "risky" or too "inexperienced"... that he's a Muslim (he's not) or a socialist (wrong again).

Wherever you're at, who ever appeals to you most, I ask that you at least watch this video. Give Senator Obama's message a chance.

Today on NPR I heard an interview with a truck driver from the mid-west who said he only voted Republican... always had, always will. He said that Obama scared him and didn't have enough experience. What I think is that this man has heard a lot of negative campaigning from the McCain-Palin camp and has not truly listened to what Senator Obama is offering. Hopefully, he was watching tonight.

As a registered "independent" I have tried to approach elections, including this election - every debate, news article, opinion piece, etc. - from a fair and unbiased position, free from any party loyalty. Time and time again, day after day, article after article, I am convinced that, not only is Senator Obama ready for the job of President, he is - hands down - the best person to stimulate the significant changes our nation - our economy, our health care system, our education system - so desperately needs.

It won't hurt you to watch... :)


1 comment:

poppy said...

Go Andrea!!! Has Obama contacted you personally to be in his adminstration? Does he read your blog? I do think you should rename your blog however, as it has become a "bit" political than Elise focused. Of course maybe these are all the thoughts of a bright little girl named Elise, eh?? I hope this election moves us away from spending some of the billions of dollars on war and uses it in more productive ways here in the U.S. for important domestic issues. THe spending of the Bush Republican administration has been unparalleled in history. IF this is not a "Republican taxation" then I dont know what this spending spree can be called. It is the largest taxation increase in U.S. history from a party that prides itself in a policy of "no more taxes." I also hope a new president will focus more on collaboration and listening to the rest of our allies in the United Nations rather than going it alone into war. It is reasons like these and many more that moved me on August 14, 2006 to become a citizen of the U.S., so I could have my say in the future of this country. I want this blog to once again go back to the history of its roots and focus on Elise!!!! She is my only grandchild, the apple of my eye.

Finally, I think you should do a final poll assessing the impact this blog had on people's choices for president. did it confirm their notions to vote for Mcain, for Obama, make no changes at all, or irritate the heck out of them? See how people respond.

Lots of love from Poppy