Monday, May 21, 2007

Finally walking!

That's right! Elise (who is almost 16 months old) started walking yesterday, Sunday, May 20th! We left her dress on her after church, and she was getting frustrated with crawling. (Thanks for the tip, mom!) Toby and I got her to take 3-4 steps between us, and we did this back and forth practice for a long time yesterday afternoon. Then later on while playing, Elise let go of the chest she was leaning on and just started walking towards me. Her record number of steps thus far is 24!

She seemed a little less confident this morning, but with some more practice (and maybe another dress!) I'm sure she'll be on her way again.



2 comments:

Laurie Jastifer said...

YEAH ELISE!! That is so great that Elise is walking!! Now the fun really begins mom:) I can't wait to see her walk tomorrow at coffee!!

JoLynn said...

That is so awesome Andrea!! We can't wait to see you guys again! When will that be??!? :(