At 8 months old, Sylvie is as happy and chubby as ever. Such a sweet baby, such a joy. You'd think with all her lovely rolls she would be a great eater, but she's not. Well, she's a great nurser (when not distracted), but I still struggle to get her to take anything with a spoon. Usually it ends up all over face (as you can see in the above shot). So, we're moving on. This girl likes to handle her own food and feed herself. Last night she sampled homemade sweet potato fries and tonight it was mashed broccoli.
In other news, Sylvie has also started the early stages of crawling, which looks a lot like what Claire was doing (at around 10 months maybe?). She doesn't lift her belly from the ground, but scooches around backward, baffled by why she can't move forward to get the toys I place in front of her. It will happen Sylvie girl, don't worry.
We've also noticed that Sylvie has started throwing her head back and arching and kicking her legs when she's upset. This is a first for me. We can't help but wonder if she's going to be our child who throws herself to the ground at age two in a embarrassing tantrum at the grocery store when she doesn't get her way...??? But she is incredibly sweet, so that really is hard to imagine.
And look at those eyes. Seriously, go back to that shot of her. Her eyes are not blue like we thought. At this point they are certainly green, a smokey gray green. That gives us one blue-eyed girl (Elise), one brown-eyed girl (Claire), and now Sylvie our green-eyed girl. A bit odd, but very cool.
Claire will be two soon. So hard to believe. She's a sweet, expressive, confident little thing. Still sailing below the first percentile line in weight I would guess, our itty bitty girl makes up in personality what she might lack in size.
Her newest accomplishment is curling her tongue.
Oh, and she likes to help herself to the cream cheese package when she's too hungry to wait for dinner. I should have taken it away sooner. Mommy doesn't like a spoiled appetite. But she had worked so hard to get it and was so confident and independent about it that, well... I gave her a taste of success.
Oh, adjusting... she has no idea. And not just related to the start of real school next year but with the whole move to Michigan. We're down to 24 "sleeps" in our house here in Grand Junction. The goodbyes have started. And I'm nervous my emotional five-year old is going to deal with a difficult transition time. More on that later. I can't go there now.
I guess that's a hodge podge of what's new around here with the girls. We've had a great weekend so far, hanging out with friends and taking a good hot hike today in Fruita. More pictures to come soon...



No comments:
Post a Comment