Thursday, May 20, 2010

the training of a runner



Elise's interest in going on a run with Toby was very sweet. Toby was thrilled. Of course, she didn't make it far. Toby said she wanted to stop about every 10 seconds and rest in the grass. :) Then when they made it to the elementary school just a couple of blocks away the "run" turned into swing time at the park. But, amazingly, Toby said she did run all the way back to the house without stopping! Yay Elise!

4 comments:

Angela said...

That is sweet... My 6 yr old and 4 yr old like to do the same thing withmy husband :)

Lindsay & Chip said...

That's adorable! I'm going to recruit you BOTH for the Girls on the Run 5K next spring. Get your runnin' shoes on, Elise and Andrea!

Unknown said...

yeah elise! Toby, I'll help you coach your women's cross country team (composed only by your daughters) in about 10-15 years.

Cyndi Coates said...

Lindsay, good luck recruiting Andrea!!! Elise, yes. Andrea, I don't think so:)