

Elise was so excited that it's her birthday today that she woke up at 5:30am! Yikes... hopefully she'll also be celebrating her special day with a couple of long birthday naps. :)
It's amazing to me that our little Elise is turning one today. This time last year, we were at Sparrow Hospital in Lansing talking with our doctor about going ahead with the c-section. I was having contractions, and although I was convinced it was false labor and I should really get going to work, the doctor wasn't comfortable sending me home with our baby in a breech position. Once the contractions really started to pick up, there was no turning back! January 26th was baby day... 3 weeks before our due date and 2 weeks before our scheduled c-section. Our February baby was actually a January baby.
I'm so thankful for Elise's precious life, her sweetness, her playful spirit and amazing little mind. I praise God for our little girl, our darling Elise, and all the joy she brings us.
Now, it's time to finish the cake and hang some birthday balloons!



No comments:
Post a Comment